Subject: Re: Opening Intuition Screens...
From: [email-masked] (HANG-FIRE)
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 1994 09:41:26 +0100

Date sent: 30-JUN-1994 

>
>I have a question....
>
>How can you open an intuition screen without it popping to the front as 
>soon as you open it??  It makes an utter pain out of loading a picture in 
>the background etc..  Can the screen be made invisible automatically so
>you can then display it after you have got it ready??

There should be a flag that you can set when opening a screen which causes the
screen to open in the background.  This is documented in the Amiga Include
files, if you like I can go home and try and find out what the flag is - I
could probably mail you the info tomorrow.

In the meantime, could you use hidescreen to quickly move the screen to the
back after opening it?  I'm not sure if there is a hidescreen command, what you
might have to do is a ScreenToBack_(peek.l(addr screeen(0))).

Steve Mc.

+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Stephen McNamara  Reflective Images| Gripes : Someones spotted a T.T. bug!|
|====================================+======================================|
| A1200/340HD/6MB/Blitz2             | ToolTypes Library  Workbench Library |
|                                    | [###############!] [###############] |
|                                    | Finished Project : RI Libs v3.2      |
| Steven Matty     : sis3147         | [###########################:::::::] |
| Stephen McNamara : sis3149         | Finished Project : Map Editor v1.1   |
| @sisvax.sis.port.ac.uk             | [######################::::::::::::] |
\____________________________________|______________________________________/